Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Alligators, Friends, and Cassette Tapes

Here it is the middle of the week. Where do the days go? Today I'm sharing the latest books I've read with you. What have you read lately?

The Healing Spell by Kimberley Griffiths Little is the story of Livie, an eleven-year-old with a secret.

The story is about faith and redemption and will tug at your heartstrings. I know it did at mine.

And how many eleven-year-olds do you know who have a baby alligator for a pet?


L. Diane Wolfe's latest novel, The Circle of Friends, Book V - Heather, is the story of Heather Jennings, a young woman whose dream of being a basketball coach at Clemson has come true.

Her personal life though, with her ill father and an irresponsible sister, tests her strength and patience.

Add Heather's unexpected romantic relationship with a man who is opposed to marriage and you have a novel that you can't put down.  


Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher's debut novel is a chilling story, chilling because it is so true to life. The blurb on the jacket cover says it all: "Clay Jensen's first love records her last words."

When you read what is on the cassette tapes Hannah Baker leaves behind after she commits suicide, you'll want to run out and hug all the teens you know and promise them that life will get better.

8 comments:

  1. HEY! I've read all those books! Loved them all! I'm working on the 100 book challenge. I won't make it, but this year I'm very well read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about The Healing Spell. I still don't have it. Ugh. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about these books. My TBR book list just got longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Yes you are well read, Terry. One hundred books is a lot. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely story, Sheri. I won The Healing Spell in a contest. It's signed too, and an adorable stuffed alligator came with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. I know what you mean, Susanne. Everytime I hear about a new book, I want to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thirteen Reasons Why sounds like a wonderful read! Added to my wish list..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thirteen Reasons Why is a chilling story because it's so true to life and what is happening among our young people today. It's very well written, drawing you into the story.

    ReplyDelete