Monday, October 25, 2010

Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies

Quote of the week: I try to leave out the parts that people skip. Elmore Leonard.

Today let's look at books about our favorite vampires, werewolves, and zombies. But first, a couple more ghost stories that I enjoyed.

Ghost for Rent by Penny Lockwood
Perfect for MG/Tween Readers
















         

                                                           Ghost Cadet
                                           by Elaine Marie Alphin
















And how about these books to get your blood flowing?

The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan, for The Unconsecrated. Spooky.
For vampires and werewolves (I'm a Jacob fan by the way) we have The Twilight Series. Stephenie Meyer.

We find werewolve we have to love in Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver.
And Annette Curtis Klause creates a cool vampire in The Silver Kiss. Then she introduces us to werewolves in Blood and Chocolate.

So curl up with a creature of your choice and enjoy. Be sure to leave the lights on after midnight.

Now, tell us about your favorite spooky books. Remember, readers who participate will be entered in a drawing for some cool swag. The fun begins.

Happy Reading


9 comments:

  1. I like horror films, but I don't read horror books! Is that not weird? The scariest thing I could name in book form is Red Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! I thought of one! H.P.Lovcraft's short story, Pickman's Model. He paints these very realistic images of werewolves, only come to find out, they aren't in his imagination. Creepy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to add Pet Cemetary by Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, Diane. Horror films give me nightmares. So do the books, which is why I don't read a lot of them.

    I'm not familiar with Red Dragon or Pickman's Model. It does sound creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, Susanne. I am familiar with Pet Cemetary. Most of King's books are spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephen King's "Salem's Lot" scared the freckles off of me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's another good one, Darby. Sorry about the freckles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite werewolf is Elana from Kelly Armstrong's series Bitten. Linger was awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Bitten, Terry, but loved Linger. I'm reading Crescendo now.

    ReplyDelete