Friday, October 15, 2010

Let's Party

Myspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics, Halloween Graphics at WishAFriend.com


Bobbing for apples, getting water up the nose.
Scavenger hunts, asking strangers for weird junk like a kiddie's training potty. (Who thinks these things up?)
Costumes to scare or to make people laugh. Speaking of:
I remember one party I went to, I don't recall how old I was but probably elementary or middle school age, I dressed as Cinderella. Mom made my costume, a full skirt with a hoop, I think. We went on a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood and my dress kept getting in the way. Details are sketchy but the dress was a problem, slowed me down.

So how about you? Did you enjoy Halloween parties when you were a kid? Remember, I'd love to hear your stories and see your photographs. Email me with whatever you'd like to share and I'll post it for you. Beverlysmcclure (at) aol (dot) com. At the end of the month I'll have a drawing for stuff. Haven't decided what yet.

Have a super weekend. Happy reading and writing.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly, I haven't found any pictures of myself in Halloween costumes to and I forgot to ask my son if I can send you any of his so ...

    I do remember Halloween parties as a kid. Our church used to have fun parties in the social hall. We'd have best costume contest, bobbing for apples, ring toss game, etc. They even did a mini haunted house in the Sunday school building. Peeled grapes were eye balls, cooked spaghetti was something else, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeww. Eyeballs, huh? Sounds like fun.Our church always has a "Fall Festival" with games for the kiddies. I have to take cookies for the cookie walk.

    I shudder to think what the spaghetti was. :)

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually this happened about 10 years ago. My husband dared me to go jogging with him through a graveyard on Halloween night. I'm always up to a challenge, so I did.
    Of course, he had his brother hid behind a grave stone and jump out and scare me when we ran past.
    I screamed so loud, I strained my voice!

    (But it was kinda funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. It's funny now, Darby, but I bet it wasn't so funny then. Boys will be boys. (No matter how old they get.)

    Graveyards are spooky, especially at night.

    ReplyDelete