Monday, October 18, 2010

Ghostly Sightings

Quote for the week: I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. James Michener

Now Halloween would not be Halloween without a ghostly sighting. Have you ever seen a ghost? Have you ever lived in a haunted house and heard moanings and groanings in the night? I haven't, but I went to a paranormal convention a few years ago and it was awesome. They showed pictures of blurry images that could very well have been ghosts. They had videos of strange sounds that possibly were ghosts. They had whisperings recorded that sent chills down my spine. And they had all sorts of equipment they use to track these sightings.

Many great books have been written about ghosts. Here are some of my favorites. There are others, but space is limited. These are in no particular order.

        Save the Last Dance                                           
        Dyan Sheldon 


                                                                                  I Heart You, You Haunt Me
                                                                                  Lisa Schroeder

             Crossed Out
             Kim Baccellia


                                                                              My Book 

Others I liked are:
The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
Shadowed Summer - Saundra Mitchell
Uninvited - Amanda Marrone
The Seer Series - Linda Joy Singleton
There are others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

So, tell us about your ghostly sightings and/or your favorite ghost books.


               

8 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to see a ghost, but so far my hubby's the only person I know lucky enough to have sighted one. we were in Savannah and he went downstairs in an old house (which is notoriously haunted, but we didn't know it at the time) and he passed a man dressed in historical garb. he assumed it was some sort of actor and asked me if I saw the guy come up the stairs (he wasn't downstairs any longer and there was no other exit down there). The guy had not come up the stairs. We learned on a ghost tour the next night that old Mr. Habersham is still rumored to haunt his house after he and his sons ended up on opposite sides of the civil war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a neat story. We toured a house in Vicksburg that the guide told us she had seen the ghost that lived there. We also took a twilight ghost tour of the historic district in Charleston and heard wonderful stories about resident ghosts in many of the houses. Still waiting to meet one.

    It's so sad that many families were on different sides in the Civil War. Thanks for your story, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beverly! Thanks for your help with my first forum at the Muse conference. I think it went well - over 400 comments and everyone seemed excited that I was forcing their brains to stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it went well for you, Diane. I really planned to take part, but stayed snowed under with my workshop. I'm going to copy your lessons though to go over in my leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like watching those shows about ghosts and haunted places. Some of them can be quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, Susanne. I think though if I saw a real ghost, I'd bee spooked. Hopefully it would be a friendly ghost. I like the TV show Ghost Whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I so don't want to see ghosts, but I must say that when I was a kid, I swore I did. I saw one everynight I slept in my grandmother's house - I thought. Then when I got older, she confirmed that my grandfather had actually died in that house. eek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness, LM. That surely was his ghost, lingering, not quite ready to leave.

    I'm with you, I don't really want to see one, unless he's like Casper the friendly ghost.

    ReplyDelete