Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Today is about bits and pieces of what's going on in the world.

First, The Cybils Awards are now open. If you have a favorite book you'd like to nominate, check out the rules at the Cybils Site. There are several categories and the last time I looked some great books have already been nominated.

Second, on our twilight walk Friday evening, hubby and I spotted some monarch butterflies. I've been watching for them because this is their time of migration. They are amazing creatures in my opinion. I'm going out again this evening to snap more pictures if possible. They won't be here long. These photos are from a couple years ago.


The butterflies roost in the trees at night. Then soon they're gone.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susanne. I love taking pictures of wildlife and flowers and clouds. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev,

    Thanks for keeping us informed about children's book news. Lovely photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mayra,

    You're welcome. :)

    Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The monarchs are beautiful. I've taken a few pictures of them this summer.

    ReplyDelete