Monday, September 13, 2010

September

Quote for the week: And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln

September is one of my favorite months. The weather begins to cool off. We have birthdays to celebrate. Football season starts, as well as volleyball. School is in full swing, with eager students and teachers ready to face a new challenge. The birds and butterflies prepare for their long flights south to spend the winter in a warmer climate. The long, lazy summer winds down.

Activities resume. For me, it's my retired teacher's meetings where we get together and talk about our aches and pains. (Just kidding.) We really have some great get-togethers with fabulous guest speakers who keep us up to date with what's happening, especially in our state politics.

My Sunday school class resumes our monthly meetings. We eat a lot, yummy dishes prepared by super cooks. Mine? Well, Betty Crocker and I throw together a yumalicious (I know, I made that word up) cake. Or we have those meals in boxes where you just add a few ingredients. Sometimes I'm brave and open a can of green beans. We discuss projects for the church and have inspirational speakers. Sometimes we play games, usually those from a 4th grade game book. Have you ever noticed how though those questions can be? It's sort of like the TV show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" Well, I taught 5th grade students for 10 years, and I dare say they're smart kids.

Writing wise, so many books have been released in the past few weeks, with more coming soon. I've been visiting tours and having a great time. Reading lots of good books too. I'll be posting reviews soon for some of them, so stop by often.

Have a wonderful week. Read, write, and enjoy life. You only get one chance.

Remember the Blog Talk Radio Show this afternoon at 3 PM Central. Red River Blog Talk Radio.

5 comments:

  1. I like September because NC finally stops feeling like a sauna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine. Our son lives in SC and we don't go there in the summer because of the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote from Abraham Lincoln. How true it is. I love September, too, I am so ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too, Creative.

    I think Lincoln's quote is a good one.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beverly! I'm here to give you another reason to like September!
    :-)
    I've nominated you for a Talent Award! You can pick it up, along with instructions, here:
    http://cafepressabitosunshine.blogspot.com/2010/09/talent-award.html

    ReplyDelete