Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Here

You know, when your manuscript is accepted for publication, you think that's the end of it. Soon you'll be holding your book in your anxious little hands. Oh, but wait. First, there are the edits. Of course, we want our books to be perfect. What? They aren't? Did I use just, and, but, so, and etc. that often? Yes, I did. So now I'm finding alternatives to make the writing stronger. One change calls for another. Then another. And on and on. So I'm busy making my manuscript perfect, correcting things my nice editor has pointed out. She is really good, and so patient.

But anyway, I'm trying to get back into a schedule. See you Friday.

6 comments:

  1. I wish it was that easy. I'm looking forward to the editing, I signed a contract near the beginning of the year and I am still waiting to start the editing. Do I sound anxious? Congratulations on all of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, there's so much more to it! Happy editing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your contract. LOL. The waiting does seem like forever, doesn't it? But one day, you'll be editing your story.

    It's really not that bad. You get a chance to correct the things you overlooked and even make changes when you run across something that doesn't make sense, at least I'm finding those places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Diane. You've been there, done that. :)

    Each time is different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One good change deserves another -- you've offered up a new cliche for writers. Happy editing m'friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like that. "One good change deserves another." Very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete