Monday, August 23, 2010

At the Library

Quote of the Week:  Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. Unknown.

This is so true, not only of the friends I've made over the years in my town, but also of my cyberspace friends, from all over the world. Isn't the Internet great?


When I was in high school, I had a few penpals. I wrote to one young man in Japan. He sent me a lovely kimono and shoes, along with little dolls.


















I still have them today and someimes wonder where this young man is. 

I also wrote to a girl in Germany and a girl in England. We exchanged photographs, though they've been lost over the years.

Then there are all my friends at school. Wish I had space to post all their pictures. But they're in my mind and my heart, always to be remembered. The good times and the not so good.




Here's a photo of my favorite librarian, Sue, and I at the signing I had earlier this month.  Our local library is a lovely building that once was the private home of Tom Burnett. He left it to the city on the condition they turn it into a library.

I'm thankful for my friends of the past. They taught me about friendship, no matter where a person lives.

I'm thankful for my friends of today, who continue to show me the meaning of true friendship. So my blog today is for all my friends, in cyberspace, at home, or wherever you are.  I'm glad you're my friend.

Have a super week.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly, great post! What a wonderful library to have. It looks very inviting.

    I like your civil war era dress. Will you be posting a full length picture in the future? Would like to see the fullness of the skirt.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susanne. Yes, I plan to have someone take pictures in September at my next library signing, of the whole dress so everyone can see the crinoline.

    It's quite an experience trying to drive wearing three layers of crinoline and a skirt. I did it though. :)

    The library is gorgeous. This family was quite prominent in the area. They hold weddings, baby showers, club meetings, etc. on the second floor of the building. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous friendship post. And you look great!

    Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you, abitosunshine. I appreciate your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends are the best! What would our world be without them. I also love libraries, that one sounds like a good one to visit. The book sounds like one I would like, it will be a while, but I am so looking forward to when my book will be available to the public!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree.

    The time will pass and before you know it you'll be holding your book in your hands. Let us know when it's out so we can celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete