Monday, July 5, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award

Vivian Zabel was kind enough to pass on The Versatile Blogger Award to me this week. Thank you, Vivian. I'm honored.


This award comes with rules:

1. Thank the person who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 15 newly discovered or followed bloggers – in no particular order – who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen friends know I love them.

Number 1, I do thank Vivian for thinking of me. She's a wonderful lady, writer, editor, and publisher, as well as a dear friend, though we've never met in person.

Here's number 2, seven things about myself.

1. I'm a mema and great-mema of six beautiful grandchildren and three lovely great-grandchildren.

2. A short poem published in a high school anthology when I was in eighth-grade started my writing career, though it was forty years before I published anything else.

3. For twenty-two years I taught children in elementary school.

4. I love animals, especially deer and birds, as well as cats and dogs, and do the hummingbird watch for Texas Parks and Wildlife, where I keep a record of the types of hummers that visit my feeders.

5. Genealogy is another of my passions. Researching ancestors made me realize how exciting history is, though I had always thought it was boring.

6. Dear hubby and I have been married 53 years.

7. Jesus Christ is my hero and best friend. I teach a Sunday school class for women my age. We do have fun.

Now, I have to beg off on number 3. So many bloggers deserve this honor that I'm bestowing it on all of my followers. At the moment, though, so much is going on in my life--book tours coming up in August (besides mine, I'm hosting 3 others and loving every minute of it), promo, writing, dh's health--that I'm not able to spend the time.

So those of you who read this post, you are all fantastic and you are selected. Pick up the picture here and share it with your favorite bloggers.

Thanks again, Vivian. You're the best.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on receiving the Versatile Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susanne. Since you're one of my loyal followers, it's yours as well. So post your seven things about you so we can learn more about you. :) I'm just behind in everything. This promo takes a lot of time. But it is fun and part of the business.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete