Monday, July 5, 2010

I Am Doubly Honored


Okay, I'm so thrilled to have such great blogging friends.
Donna M. McDine was kind enough to pass on The Versatile Blogger Award to me this week. Thank you, Donna. This is my second time and I know what it means. I'm doubly honored. And so forget my earlier post. How can I not give this award to others?


This award comes with rules:

1. Thank the person who loved me enough to bestow this gift.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Bestow this honor onto 15 newly discovered or followed bloggers – in no particular order – who are fantastic in some way.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen friends know I love them

You mean I get to talk about myself again. :)

1. Thank you, cyber daughter. You're the best.

2. Seven things about me:

I play the piano and love hymns from all ages, old and new, and also music from the 50s. Go Elvis.

I fell off a mountain once and landed on my head. So now you know why I act the way I do.

When I was in junior high and high school I played clarinet in the band and was a majorette.

Photography is one of my hobbies, pictures of family, clouds, and wildlife and of course my cat.

I believe people who abuse and mistreat children and animals should be locked up and the key thrown away.

I'm claustrophobic and hate elevators, closets and submarines.

One of my major faults is being stubborn and not listening to others when they try to give me advice.

3. Now for some of the fantastic bloggers I know. This is hard to do and the number may be less than 15. It should be more than really.
 
Susanne Drazic - Putting Words Down on Paper
 
Kai Strand - Strands of Thought
 
Nancy Sharpe - Realms of Thought
 
Charmaine Clancy - Wagging Tales
 
Stephen Macquignon - Stephen's Illustration Blog

Val Lawton - Val Lawton Illustrations

Ruth Cox - Abitosunshine Love and Writing

4. Tonight, I will let my friends (there are more but I'm tired) know that I love them.

12 comments:

  1. Beverly, trust me, you are doubly deserving, my friend :0) Congratulations!

    Thank you so much for thinking of me to pass the award on to - I appreciate it and am honored.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say the sweetest things, Nancy. You deserve the best.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award I don’t deserve it but thank you any way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm. I thought I answered this yesterday, but I must have written in invisible ink cause nothing's here.

    Thank you, Nancy. You contribute so much to the blogging community and well deserve the award.

    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet for you to be doubly honored, Beverly! And I thank you for sending the honor forward to me. I'll be busy this afternoon passing it along and will write my award post once I do ... Thank You!

    Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!
    Ruthi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm. I've posted twice but they don't show up. Blogspot must hate me. Will try again.

    I'm sorry, Stephen, but I must disagree. Your illustrations are lovely and your blog shows your talent. You're welcome. :)

    Ruth, You bring a bit o sunshine to others on your blog. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now all the comments show up. Must be some magic going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beverly, I have finally made my post to accept your award and am off to bestow it upon 10 others (15 I feel is just too much work, rofl, for myself and friends)

    Here's my post link...
    http://abitosunshineloveandwriting.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-acceptance-of-versatile-blogger.html

    Again -- Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visited your blog and left a comment. I agree. Ten is enough. Five was my limit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Beverly, I finally made a post today about receiving The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you for nominating my blog.

    ReplyDelete