Friday, July 9, 2010

FRIDAY FUN

Okay, I've decided I'm way too serious and need to lighten up a little, no, a lot. My dear second cousin, who passed away a couple years ago at 98, always told me to "Have fun." So I've been thinking about the past week and what I did, besides write, which is a given.

I watched the hummingbirds at the feeders, eating, eating, eating. If anyone ever tells you that you eat like a bird, they're saying you have a tremendous appetite because the birds I know eat constantly.


This is from a couple years ago.

I saw a doe and her fawn again. Even shot a picture. Now if I can figure out how to enlarge the deer and do away with most of the trees, I'll have a lovely picture. The fawn still has white spots on its back.


You have to look really, really close to see the baby in the center. I'm going to see if Photo Shop can enlarge it.

I watched a lizard scurry around the patio, hunting bugs. No, I didn't let the cat out because she saw the lizard too and had it in mind for her dinner. When she had to stay inside, here's what she did.

She doesn't let little things bother her.
So, looking back I can say I had a fun week. How about you. What did you do for fun this week?

Have a super weekend. And have fun.

8 comments:

  1. Spent most of my week indoors because of the darn temps being in the 90's. Not fun!

    I used the indoors time to work on my writing and to do a lot of reading.

    Catching up on blog reading now. Our computer doesn't run well in the high temps, so we had to keep it shut down more than I like the past several days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize with the high temps. Normally we're sweltering this time of year. But the weather's been so crazy. It's rained every day this week, which has helped keep the temp down to the mid 80's I think.

    I relate to your computer. I don't do well when it's hot either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this post, Beverely since I tend toward all work and no play most of the time. Good to make time for fun - thanks for the reminder. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Beth.

    I have to keep reminding myself too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really a week of fun for me. Just a week of taking care of business, problems, and getting caught up on such. But I'm doing what I like to do best tonight; writing, blogging, and drinking some wine. Have a great weekend.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Stephen. So writing, blogging, and wine are your fun things. To me, writing is fun also. If it wasn't I wouldn't be doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beverly, I just happened to have my Corel PSP program open when reading your post, so I tried to capture the spots on your deer for you here:
    http://abitosunshine.net/2010/july/beverlydeer.jpg

    ReplyDelete