Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Books on My Shelf

On Wednesdays, for the month of July, I'm talking about books on my shelf that I enjoyed reading. Today we're looking at I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You and Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, the first two books in the Gallaagher Girls' series, written by Ally Carter.



From the jacket flap of book 1:
"The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school--that is, it would be if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class."

First of all, with a title like that I knew I had to read the book, since I enjoy fun stories. I wasn't disappointed. When I met Cammie and her fellow classmates, along with the boy she falls in love with, I was hooked.

Book 2:
The second book continues the trials and episodes of the Gallagher Girls. Even though Cammie has a genius I.Q., there are a lot of things she doesn't know. Her mother is acting very strange, she isn't sure her ex-boyfriend remembers her, and she's in big trouble for what she did last semester.

I haven't read Book 3 yet, but it's on my list. So if you're in the mood for a page-turning read that's sure to make you chuckle run to the library or book store and check these out.

Happy Reading.

4 comments:

  1. Sound like fun reads. Thanks for sharing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Susanne. They are lots of fun. I always enjoy a book that makes me laugh and leaves me feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these books - definitely more to add to my list of books I'd like to read. Like you, I love a book that leave me with a good feeling!

    Also, I'd like to thank you again for bestowing the award earlier this week - I am passing it along tomorrow on my blog.

    Nancy, from Realms of Thought…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list sounds like mine, Nancy, it's growing and growing.

    You're welcome. One day I'll catch up on visiting blogs. BTW, I read If Wishes were Fishes. It is so much fun. Will be writing a review soon.

    ReplyDelete