Monday, July 12, 2010

Book Signing

Quote of the Week: "Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." Unknown. HAPPY 98th BIRTHDAY, MOTHER, IN HEAVEN.

The characters have taken over today. They want to tell you where you can meet them.

Greetings, everyone. My name's Elizabeth (everyone calls me Lizzie) Stamford. I'm fourteen and live in Vicksburg, Mississippi, which once was a beautiful place located on the banks of the Mississippi River. Then the Federal Army decided Vicksburg was important, since it would give them control of the river, and they will stop at nothing, even to starving us, to take control. I would love to meet you, so if you're in the area of Wichita Falls, Texas, next Saturday, here's where my family and I will be:

HASTINGS BOOKS, MUSIC, AND VIDEOS
2801 Southwest Parkway
Wichita Falls, TX
Saturday, July 17, 2010
From 2 to 6 PM
We'll be waiting to meet you and perhaps share a cup of tea.


Nathan (Nat) here. I'm Lizzie's brother. Even though I'm taller than Lizzie, she calls me her little brother since I'm only 12. Now I love my sister, but Lizzie sometimes is headstrong and doesn't listen to what I say. You see, since our older brothers are in Virginia, Father put me in charge when he is at the hospital tending the sick and wounded. But Lizzie ignores my advice. She even ... I'd best not give what she does away. She is right about us wanting to meet you though. We will see you Saturday, if you live close by.

I must see what mischief Lizzie is involved in now. 

14 comments:

  1. Beverly, congratulations on your book! It sounds wonderful!

    I came to visit via Susanne's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly, I wish you much success with your book signing. If I lived in Texas, I'd be at the book signing to meet you.

    Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines is a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words about Caves. Yes, I saw your post on Susanne's blog. I appreciate your interest.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susanne. Thanks for all you've done, the reviews, the interview. You're the best.

    I'll know you're at the signing in spirit. :)

    My Civil War era dress has been shipped. Can't wait to see it.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for a successful event. Wish I lived near you! I'll be with you in spirit. Make sure pictures are taken and you share with us!

    Warmest regards Cybermom,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Donna. I appreciate your support. My camera will be with me. I hope there will be someone to take pictures of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beverly, saw your reply on MuseCon forum and decided to check out your blog. funny thing is I had to search for your name at this site, but at least I found out you're a fellow scorpio and Elvis lover. Rock on! or should I say write on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra. So nice of you to look me up. I must get back to WriteCon, but can't seem to find the time. I'm looking forward to it though.

    It's weird that you had to search for me at this site. I'll check on my link there and see if I goofed. A lot of weird stuff has been happening to me lately. Is it being a scorpio? Nice to meet another scorpio.

    Yes, I was and still am an Elvis fan. Happy writing to you. I'll look you up too as soon as I get groceries put away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to hear how the book signing went! Wishing you much success with this latest release.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Nancy. Well, I'm home. Here's the report: Four hours at the book store. Sister vistied with me. Cousins visited. Ex-daughter-in-law stopped by. Sold six books. Not what I had hoped. You know, I think book stores are not the best place to have signings. It's taken me awhile to figure this out. Think I'll work on other ideas.

    Or maybe it was the 100 degree heat that kept everyone home. Even the music section wasn't very busy.

    Next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the opening quote and pray it's true with my young ones. Thanks for introducing me to your characters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Tara. Yes, we can only hope that it's true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopped by to read your update on the book signing. I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you had hoped. How did you like wearing a civil war era dress? Did you get pictures to post?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, thanks, Susanne. I was disappointed. I loved wearing the CW dress. One man was reading the title of the book and he asked what a crinoline was. I showed him. :)I took a couple pictures of my cousins and sister, but dummy me forgot to have them take pictures of me. Maybe at the library signing in August, I'll remember.

    ReplyDelete