Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Time for Change

Now where is that file I just downloaded? I know it's here somewhere. Search. Search. Mmm. What is it's title? What name did I use to save it?

Help. I can't find anything. It's time for a change. I must get organized. Today. Not tomorrow or next week or next month. Today. So this afternoon here's what I'll do. (My mornings are set aside for my writing.)

1. Make folders for each publisher. Add all the files that relate to that publisher. Edits, covers, etc.
2. Make folders for my critique groups.
3. Have a folder for each WIP.
4. An interview and review folder.

And so on. Then maybe I won't spend hours trying to find what I'm looking for.

Have a great day. Happy reading and writing.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck, Beverly! I did that with my manuscripts recently and it's helped A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working at getting my files organized.

    My problem is I download something on the family PC, have to search around to find it. Once I find it, download it to my memory stick so I can transfer it to my laptop. Might just be easier if I had internet access on my laptop, but since I don't, that's my process.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it helps me find things better, Rena. I waste too much time hunting for files. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Internet on both my computers, Susanne, and try to put everything on both of them in case one crashes. I send files back and forth by email too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I also need to get organized with my files. I admit my computer is pretty messy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still working on it Mayra. It's taking longer than I thought. Shows how messy it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get organized, too. My desktop is filled with so many icons you can't hardly see the screen. My husband and kids are always getting onto me about how messy my desk and my computer desktop is. Maybe someday I will get organized and stay that way. . .I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's taking longer than I thought to get organized, Janet. But I will get there someday. :)

    ReplyDelete