Friday, June 4, 2010

A Basket of Goodies

Okay, I promised a contest to launch my young adult historical novel, Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines, so here it is. I’m still working on the details, but the winner will receive a basket of goodies including:

A signed ARC of Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines.
A gift certificate to Amazon.

Bookmarks and other stuff I’m thinking about.
So what do you have to do to enter? It’s very simple. Just leave a comment about how you’d feel if you had to live in a cave or wear a crinoline petticoat. Choose either one. Be sure and add your email so I can contact you if you’re the lucky winner.

Thanks for making Lizzie’s launch a good one. Best of luck.

Contest ends June 15. Winner will be announced soon after.

7 comments:

  1. I hope your book launch is a smashing success. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief...live in a cave. When I was younger I would have thought it was terrific. But now I would be just plain scared of all the creepy crawlers.

    Warm regards,
    Donna
    dmcdine@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, Donna. And snakes, as well. Eeww. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great book. Part of my MG takes place in a cave. Here are some suggestions. They would have to get used to bats (people hate bats), dampness, dripping water, darkness,solitude for days on end, little big eyed, pale bugs, and jumping at sounds, wondering where they came from and what it was. Good luck! I would love to win a signed ARC of the book, it sounds like one I would love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Creative. You paint a very vivid picture of life in a cave. Be sure and carry a can of bug killer with you. Oh, they didn't have such a think in the 1800s. :)

    You're entered. Good luck. It won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete