Monday, June 28, 2010

Ah, Monday.

QUOTE FOR THE WEEK:  Things we've heard Dad say: It builds character.

The day starts out lovely. A nice gentle rain fell during the night. The grass and leaves sparkle. The mockingbird sings his little heart out. I manage a couple of pages of my work-in-progress. Then I check the email. My heartbeat speeds up. Note from agent that I sent a query for my middle grade story to. Unfortunately, it isn't the kind I hoped to receive. It's one of those "no thank you" kinds. So I wallow in my sorrow for about five minutes. That's all I'll allow myself to whine.

Now I'm all smiles again. The sun is shining. Puffy clouds drift lazily in the sky. I'm busy, busy, busy with my latest release, getting reviews, setting up signings and organizing a virtual tour. I'm also working on two new manuscripts. The world is a beutiful place. God is good.

June is almost over. I'm thinking for the month of July I'll let the characters from my books take charge of the blog on Mondays. Wednesdays, I'll share some of the books on my shelves that I like. Fridays - free for all. Whatever my little brain thinks of. I love to hear your thoughts too, about books, notes from agents and publishers, your works in progress or whatever is bouncing around in your head.

Happy reading and writing.

8 comments:

  1. What a great attitude Beverly. I like how you only allow yourself five minutes to be sad about your "no thank you" email.

    I look forward to reading the posts your characters will be taking charge of. Sounds like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll share with you, Diane. :) I think, as I've gotten older, I'm more aware of what's really important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susanne. Life's too short to dwell on what I can't change. I may have to edit the character's posts. Sometimes they can't be trusted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had kept all the rejections I've received over the years, I could paper a couple of rooms or more with them.

    Ish.

    Well, personally I think your writing is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I always feel so much better after visiting you Bev!

    Great new look to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Vivian. You're such an inspiration. Everyone has different tastes and this agent just wasn't wowed with my story I suppose. Maybe the next one will be. Think positively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, you're so sweet, Donna. I'm glad.

    Yes, Blogger has some new templates and I'm trying them out. This one's pretty wild. I need a new style. :)

    ReplyDelete