Monday, March 22, 2010

SPRING?

Quote of the Week: "The writer has to force himself to work. He has to make his own hours and if he doesn't go to his desk at all, there is nobody to scold him." Roald Dahl

March. Spring. Snow. Wait. Spring is sunshine and flowers and baby birds and rabbits. Today we have sunshine. Lovely. But Saturday, the first day of spring, as much of our America experienced, we had snow, blowing winds. Icicles. Have you ever seen a slanted icicle dripping from the rooftops? I hadn't until Saturday. No kiddding. Wish I had a picture, but it was too cold to snap photos. The icicles on the house slanted to the south. The wind was that strong. So now, to help me "think" spring, I'm showing some pictures of former springs and what our land will soon look like. I hope. Enjoy














Welcome Spring.


10 comments:

  1. That is some strong wind!
    We've been around 70 so I hope no more snow. I can only grow one type of flower and I don't want those little mini daffodils to die!

    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane. Daffodils are lovely. All of the flowers are wildflowers in our pasture, except the one with the butterfly. It's a Texas sage.

    We had 70 degrees today. So nice. Hope it stays this warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need a little spring right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of spring Beverly. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Hoping there is no more snow in the forecast, but I do have to say that the year I got married, in early April, the weekend after we had heavy snowfall that stuck to the ground.

    Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Susanne.

    Here's hoping this April will be warm and beautiful for your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos, Bev!

    But I don't love spring as much as other people do--I get spring allergies! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Mayra.

    Oh, yes. I'm familiar with the itchy eyes and sneezey nose. Hope your allergies aren't too bad.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the 3rd photo from the top?

    We had a dusting overnight but today's sunshine melted it away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I knew, abitosunshine. I can't find it in my wildflower book and have no idea. We have quite a few wildflowers that puzzle me. Maybe someday I'll have the answer. :)

    ReplyDelete