Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Latest News

New information about my YA historical novel, Caves, Cannons and Crinolines. The release date has been set: June 15, 2010. The book is available for pre-order at Barnes and Noble., at a big discount.

A little about this story: One summer we visited Vicksburg, Mississippi, and toured some of the old Victorian homes that were standing during the Civil War. We also drove through the military park where monuments stand, dedicated to the many soldiers, both northern and southern, who fought and died there. They also have a super museum that's located in the old courthouse and dates to the war. Pictures, old clothes, and books, of course. One of the things that interested me most was the stories I heard about the people living in caves during the siege of Vicksburg. And I knew I had to tell their stories, their fears, their thoughts, and how they survived. My characters are purely fictional, though some familar names of real people are mentioned. And some not so familiar. But that's a different story.

Lida Quillen at Twilight Times Books brought my story to life. Ardy M. Scott did the gorgeous cover.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the release date. It sounds like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good will forward to it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Tribute Books, and for your nice comments.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Beverly! I'm definitely going to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susanne,

    Great. I hope you will enjoy the story. Thanks.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev

    Woo Hoo...Congratulations! I'll be sure to repost my book review for this day!

    Warm regards,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,

    Thanks. I hope this time is the charm. :)

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beverly, I'm looking forward to reading this one. (My publicist and I were discussing your book tonight...were you ears burning?)Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim,

    Yes, they were. Now I know why. :-)Being talked about is good. It shows interest, which every writer loves.

    You have a good week too.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete