Friday, March 26, 2010

PATCHES ON SPRINGTIME

Hey, Patches here. Haven't been around in a while. Springtime, ya know. And for a cat, spring brings all sorts of excitement. For instance, yesterday, I spotted a baby rabbit in the flowerbed. Now catching a rabbit is a challenge for any cat. So I do my thing.


But that rascally little bunny kept hiding under the bush. Everytime I crawled under the bush, it ran to the other side. What a fun game. I'd catch the little critter eventually. It didn't stand a chance against my superior hunting abilities. In the meantime, I was having the time of my life.

Until Beverly saw us. And you know what she did? She made me come into the house. Do you believe her? She said I couldn't have rabbit for dinner. Instead, she fed me some of that canned stuff that I have every day. Spoiled all my fun.

Think I'll read a book about bunnies. What are your favorite bunny books?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patches, thank you for sharing your spring day. I'm glad that Beverly didn't let you catch the cute little bunny. You wouldn't have wanted all the fur anyways. Yuck! I hope you enjoyed your canned cat food. My cat, Rusty, doesn't get to go outside and he only eats dried cat food, so he was a bit jealous of your fun day.

    I don't think I have any favorite bunny books. If I do, I can't think of any right off the top of my head.

    Patches, maybe you and Beverly should write a book about your fun springtime day. I bet that would be a fun book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susanne.

    Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I know. The fur would get stuck in my teeth. Gross. Tell Rusty that canned food isn't as great as they claim. I prefer people food. I love the outdoors, but Beverly won't let me stay out at night.

    That's a super idea about writing a book about me and the rabbit. I'll mention it to Beverly.Time for a nap now.

    Patches

    ReplyDelete