Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Stories


At this special time of the year, we have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my God, my family, my friends, America, and the men and women who faced the unknown to settle this new land. They were a lot braver than I am.
Many good books have been written about the Pilgrims and their adventures. The Mayflower People Triumphs & Tragedies by Anna W. Hale is one that I enjoyed. It's only 93 pages and perfect for young readers.
From the back cover. "In the year 1620 a very mixed group of separatists, adventurers and paid crew members crossed the Atlantic in the overcrowded Mayflower. This is the true story (based on historic journals, records, letters) of that voyage and the fortuitous landing at the "wrong place," where these people would find a great friend in a native called Squanto."
Happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this book. I have not seen it before, but it looks so interesting. Thanks for telling us about it.

    Could I please ask a favor? One of our own needs your support. (not me) Please go here:
    Yaya Stuff

    ~ Just Joany
    Red Wagon Flights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, Joany. I don't know what happened, but I left hugs and prayers for Yaya. It sounds serious.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete