Friday, November 13, 2009

A Horse of Course


Happy Friday the 13th, Everyone. May all your luck today be good luck.
My animal story for this week is Shabang's Story by Patricia Marlowe Barrett. This is a book about a horse, of course, as you can see from the cover. (You can't look inside it here. I borrowed the cover from Amazon.) Horses are pretty cool animals. The story is about a girl named Holly, who gets a horse all her own for her fourteenth birthday. Everything looks pretty good until Shabang is kidnapped ... umm ... horsenapped.
So what happens? You'll have to read the book to find out.
Have a super weekend. Happy Reading.
Patches

4 comments:

  1. I've always been afraid of horses, but reading about them sounds fun. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little fear, or respect, for horses is good. They're a lot bigger than we are. :)

    You have a great weekend too, Tara.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip - I'll be on the lookout for this one. I like stories with animals in it. I am so behind on my reading...must catch up. :(

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I hear what you're saying about being behind on your reading. My stack of books to read is growing. I don't see how people who work at an outside job find time to read at all.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete