Friday, October 2, 2009

Spooky Stories


I thought for the month of October, I'd talk about spooky stories and other things that go bump in the night. Feel free to add your favorite ghost and goblin and black cat tales. And how about your own personal adventures? We used to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Maybe that's where I developed my "sweet tooth."

Have you read The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman? If living in a graveyard with ghosts as your family isn't spooky then I don't know spooky. When an 18-month-old baby boy's family is killed, the toddler escapes to a graveyard. The ghosts adopt him and call him Nobody, nicknamed Bod.

Bod has one adventure after another as he grows from baby to teen. And he lives in constant danger from the man responsible for his family's death who hunts for Bod too. Drawings scattered throughout the book add to the suspense in the story.

Tune in next week for more spooky stories.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Beverly, where's Patches? I have his interview on today! Woof!
    Amigo
    http://petsandauthors.blogspot.com/2009/10/interview-with-patches-owner-of-author.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amigo,

    Patches here. I read your interview and left you a comment. Thank you for letting me talk about my writer. I'm still working on getting in one of her stories.

    Meow.
    Patches

    ReplyDelete