Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Is there a Ghost in the House?




Ghost stories are some of my favorites. Ghosts aren't always bad. Sometimes they just want something: to rest or to tell their story. One good ghost novel I read recently is Ghost for Rent by Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz. The story is written for middle-grade readers and has a haunted house, ghostly figures that dance in the woods, and other weird happenings. Don't you just love haunted houses? I do. Anyway, this is the perfect time of year to share your ghost stories with others, in a dark room, sitting in front of the fireplace, orange and red flames crackling, and the wind whistling outside the windows.
Booooo!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect read for October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly:

    Sounds like Penny wrote a wonderful book. I always like ghost stories, especially when no one else is home.

    Regards,
    Donna
    Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    The Golden Pathway Story book Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Tara and Donna. Ghost stories are some of my favorites too, and I thought this was a good time to reread some of them. More to come, along with vampires and other creatures of the night. :-)

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev, thanks for your support of my ghost story. I agree, this is a great time to read and re-read those spooky tales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great story, Penny, and I'm happy to share it with others. Love this season. And ghost stories. :)

    Bev

    ReplyDelete