Friday, October 23, 2009

Fridays with Patches


Hey, Everyone,
Patches here. I'm taking over the Friday postings and will tell you about my favorite books. They're about animals, of course, preferably cats. But also dogs and horses and other critters.
My first recommendation is The Underneath by Kathi Appelt. Did you know this book is a Newbery Honor Book? Well, it is. You can see that on the cover. It's also a National Book Award Finalist. Wow!
It's the story of a calico cat (I'm a calico, in case you haven't met me) who makes friends with a hound dog that lives underneath a house way out in the backwaters of the bayou. The cat was abandoned on the side of the road (like me) and is about to have kittens. Ranger, the dog, takes care of the kittens, but it has some sad parts and some scary parts. If you haven't read the book, you really ought to.
Until next week, happy reading.




2 comments:

  1. Patches:

    You certainly have the knack of recommending interesting books. Keep up the great work.

    Tell your mama, Bev I said hello.

    Regards,
    Donna
    Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    The Golden Pathway Story book Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Miss Donna. I really liked this book. I'll tell my mama hi for you.

    Patches

    ReplyDelete