Monday, August 31, 2009

We're Going to the Printer!!!!

Yes, the time is drawing closer. After two weeks of intense copy editing with the marvelous Aidana WillowRaven, Just Breeze soon will be sent into the world. Who would have thought "widows" and "orphans" were a part of the editing process? I now know how difficult it is to get each line just right. But under the expert advice and sharp eyes of Aidana, I've learned the truth. Copy editors, you are awesome.

I'm excited. I'm scared. Will Breeze be treated kindly? Will she be loved? Or will she be rejected and ignored? So, like sending your kindergartner off to school that first day, I'm praying she'll meet all the nice people who will adore her, not as much as I, her mother, do, but as that child who seeks to please you and perhaps make your day a bit brighter by reading her story.

Happy reading and writing.

2 comments: