Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Lovely Blog Award




My cyber-space daughter is always doing the nicest things. Her latest is to award me, and others, the One Lovely Blog Award. When I read what Donna said about me, I was touched. Donna and I have been friends since we met, like she said, through the Muse It Up Club. She has reviewed my books, interviewed me, perked me up when I was feeling down, and always seems to have the right words at the right time. But when I read that she considers me her cyber-space mother ... wow! ... I never saw that one coming. I am honored, and, Donna, I promise not to give you a slap upside the head. That is reserved for your real mom, though I doubt she has to do such a thing. Since I never had a daughter, only sons, I am proud to now claim you as my cyber-space daughter.

See the other writers who Donna honored with the award at her blog: http://www.donna-mcdine.blogspot.com/.

There are so many deserving writers, but I chose the following. First the rules.

1. Accept the award, and don't forget to post a link back to the awarding person.

2. Pass the award on.

3. Notify the award winners.

Now for some of my favorite blogs:

N. A. Nancy Sharpe - http://nasharpe.blogspot.com/ Nancy is a critique partner, author, and dear cyber friend. She has reviewed my books and is great at spotting problems in my works-in-progress. She has several beautiful sites and you should visit each of them to see what this talented writer is doing.

Kai Strand - http://cleanwriter.livejournal.com/ Kai is another critique partner, and I always look forward to her comments on my work, knowing they'll help me improve my story. I wish Kai the best of luck in her writing. We're all in this together, and her support is greatly appreciated.

Holly Jahangiri - http://hollyjahangiri.blogspot.com/ Holly is another 4 RV author and another super friend I've met through the Internet. She has a great sense of humor. Just read her first picture book, Trockle, and you'll see what I mean. Her blog will entertain you too.

So many other blogs deserve to be mentioned, but I'll save them for another time. I also have a Superior Scribbler Award for later this week.

Thank you, ladies. I'm so happy to know you.

6 comments:

  1. Beverly, thank you for thinking of my blog for this award. It really means a lot to me.

    BTW, is that the cover of Just Breeze over on the left side of your blog? I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is lovely, though I don't get there as often as I should. So much to do; so little time.

    Yes, that is the cover of Just Breeze. Aidana caught Breeze's personality totally. Thanks to Vivian and Aidana, the book will soon be published.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies:

    Congratulations on being recognized by Beverly. Way to go!

    Beverly (cyber mom), as always thanks so much for your touching words. Love the new cover too. Aidana is quite talented.

    Warm regards,
    Donna
    Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    Yes, I was thrilled when I saw the cover. It is so Breeze.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverly,
    Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate you thinking of me for this. I value your friendship more than you will ever know. I am so excited for you - such a busy year for your releases. I hope they all do exceptionally well - you deserve it, my friend. I really love the cover for Breeze! Hope you'll be enticing us with more news about it soon.

    Nancy, from Realms of Thought…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Nancy,

    I hope one or two books sell. :) Aidana and I are working on the PDF version now getting the layout (or whatever it's called) right. I've never done this before and had no idea what's involved in getting the margins for printing right, and spacing. Small details, but time consuming. September is our goal.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete