Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hint of Spring

The mulberry and wild plum trees are budding out. The sun warms the earth. A gentle breeze whispers against the windowpane. And a purple Iris blooms in the flowerbed. Hints of spring are in the air. Will put out feeders for the hummingbirds next week.

Son has left for the airport. I pray for his safe journey home. We enjoyed every minute of his visit; it was just too short. But business calls. My writing calls to me, reminding me I'm in the middle of the "big" scene. Son even gave me some great thoughts on how to deal with the problem I was having. I'm anxious to get back to it.

I finished reading To Kill a Mocking Bird, Harper Lee. I know, most people read it years ago, but remember, I was a nonreader until I got old enough to realize what I was missing. The book tells a beautiful story. Highly recommended to all.

Happy reading and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment