Saturday, December 6, 2008

Book Signing Follow Up

The parking lot of the shopping center was packed. Hardly any place to park. All these people had come to my signing? Heh, heh. I wish. It turns out Hobby Lobby, next door to Hastings, was having a hugh sale and half the town was there to snap up the bargains.

The signing went fine. The manager had made a beautiful sign with my book cover and info on it. They had a table covered in a lovely cloth and a small easel with my flyer on it. The coffee lady of Hard Rock Coffee Shop said I could have anything I wanted. I sold 5 books. I also talked to several "would be" writers who asked about my publisher and how hard was it to get published and things like that. I hope I didn't discourage them, but I was truthful.

The little kids loved my giveaways: horse head finger puppets and little dogs, as well as pencils and bookmarks. Not big sales, but meeting people who might buy next time made it a worthwhile afternoon. Let's see. I made about $1.00 an hour.

One book at a time.

Happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev...happy to hear you could provide valuable insights to aspiring writers. Like you said, one book at a time. At least it's five more people out there who know about you and your books.

    Wishing you continued success in 2009!

    Warmly,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Donna. Making friends who will remmeber you is, to me, important.

    May your 2009 bring you success as well. Four more days until your big announcement. :)

    Bev

    ReplyDelete