Saturday, November 15, 2008

New Yrok

Yep! That's the way I spelled it. I just now noticed. This is a query letter I mailed last week. To New Yrok. Birdbrain. I checked and checked and it looked perfect when I read the letter. Not. I doubt the editor gets past Yrok.

Editor: Laughing hysterically, pounding hand on desk, and shrieking, "Ha, ha, ha! Texans can't spell. Ha. ha. ha." She wads the paper into a round ball, aims, and hurls it into the trash. Basket.

Me: Hitting head against the wall.

Can I blame it on my trifocals?

Have a great weekend everyone. And use your spell check. Or is that spell chcek?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly- I just left off the word count off my email cover letter recently. I checked the dang thing a million times. Then I had to send another email with the word count cause the magazine said no word count- wouldn't consider. My submission was probably ejected into cyberspace with the rest of internet spam.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jennifer. Maybe your letter will get through. I bet editors see all sorts of weird things. It amazes me we can read and read something and still miss a mistake. Proves we're human. :)

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I know the feeling. I once sent off sample pages without a cover letter. I so intent on spelling and formatting, I forgot the most important thing. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe. Maybe your Yrok will go unnoticed! Only time will tell...
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete